Thursday, February 27, 2014

1960's Comic Book Batmobile & Blue Knight 1957

I love the George Barris designed, Ford Futura based, Batmobile of the 1960's TV show.  No other Batmobile, no matter how sleek or gadget laden, will ever take the place of that car in my heart.  I always felt the 1960's comic book version was an attempt to look a lot like the car from the show without having to draw all the detail.  All of that being said, this kit is a nice addition to my vehicle shelf.  Below is the kit in the box and a photo of the kit I built.  It is a very nice kit which goes together well and, having a die-cast body, is extremely durable.



I would have really liked to have seen a 1970's Batmobile and a 1940's Batmobile in the same scale from the same company but it didn't happen.  I have toyed with the idea of making a custom 1940's Batmobile and have even bought an extra 1950's kit to use the fin and the bat and a few other parts.  I will post it if I ever get beyond the "thinking about it" stage.

The Aurora collection continues.  The Blue Knight was the second knight and was issued in 1957.   I would like to note these kits are of great quality and are really fun to build.  Below we have the original box, the later issue box and the 1968 Camelot box where the blue knight was called Sir Galahad.  My Blue Knight model is below the box images.





Diorama update.  I began working on the Master Box Checkpoint.  I painted the faces and hands, let them dry a bit and did the darker washes to bring out the details.  This needs to dry for 24 hours before I can add eyebrows, etc.  Painted the interior of the sentry box and started on the traffic gate.  This kit is looking like a lot of fun.

Went today and bought Vallejo Colors for doing Caucasian skin tones.  Picked up Basic Skintone, Flat Flesh and Dark Flesh.  I have not used these before so will begin experimenting with them in the near future.  Probably on either the crew that came with the Tamiya 7.5 cm Anti Tank Gun I picked up today or on the next set of figures which come in for the diorama.  

Remember me mentioning I have a fondness for the old AMT 3 in 1 kits?  While I was at the store I picked up this little jewel below.  Re-issue of the 1962 AMT Double Dragster kit.  Looking forward to playing around with this pair of 1/25 scale beauties.  That's right, one box, two complete cars.
Three bodies, three frames, three engines, two rear ends, two front axles, two sets of tires plus everything else you need to build two Dragsters.  Looks like a whole lot of fun coming up.




No comments:

Post a Comment