Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Lindberg 1934 Ford Pickup Part One

I am not, in general, a fan of Lindberg car kits.  That being said, I am a fan of this truck kit, and it is probably because the kit was originally made in 1963 by AMT.  A lot of people make disparaging comments regarding AMT, but they are one of my favorite car kit companies.  I built one of these already, still have a bit of work to do on it, but I am still rather happy with it.  The work I have left is, for some reason, I did not notice I needed to cut the rear fenders off before I installed in the stake bed.  Oops.  Well, I can take the bed off, then do the cutting, then touch it up and put the bed back on.  My favorite part of my first build?  The Sinclair decals.  I remember the big green dinosaur on signs from when I was a kid and the nostalgia factor is strong with this one.

I will post at least one shot with the rear fenders removed after I finish that job.  Now, for my second kit.  Here's the box.  It is a 3-in-1 kit, which means it has all the parts necessary to build one of the versions shown on the box.  With all the parts included, you can build a version that isn't on the box, but that is another tale.  I have build the stake bed so, this time, I am going to build the wrecker version.  

Look at all that chrome!  I am going to put the chrome wheels on a '32 ford hot rod I happen to have.  I think they will look great!


Here's the white plastic parts included in the kit.  They have been washed in a mild detergent and allowed to dry.  I have to clean up a bit of flash (these molds are probably 40 or more years old), but I honestly expect worse flash than this on a Lindberg kit.





Here is a shot of the uncut decal sheet.  I am going to use the Red Crown Gasoline decals on the wrecker.  Look at all those tires!  Slicks, wide treads and skinny tires all included in the box.






Here is a shot of the instruction sheet   I am looking forward to starting this kit.  Unfortunately, it has been too cold or rainy to start the priming, but I have removed most of the flash and gotten it ready to be primed as soon as the weather clears a bit.


No comments:

Post a Comment