Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Lindberg 1934 Ford Pickup Part Two


I got a chance to do some work on the pickup.  Overall it is gloss black, but the bed will be wood.  Haven't made up my mind yet if I am leaving the metal strips black or painting them steel.  Probably steel.





While the body is drying and being considered for another coat, I am working on the engine.  Here's the block and the tranny.  I put another coat of steel on the transmission after this photo was taken because it had a bit too much of a pink tinge to it.


Moving right along, put the heads, intake manifold and carburetor on the block.  I know for an original 1934 engine and not a hot rod I should strip the parts and paint them.  Since none of it will be seen I just left them chrome.


Finished up with the fan, belts, pulleys, and hoses.  I am not going to wire this one at all, since it will be completely hidden under the hood assembly and will never see the light of day.  In general, as far as my cars go, I am not a big fan of putting work into them just for the sake of me knowing it is there.  If it is not going to be seen then I don't think it really needs to on mine.  Personal choice.



No comments:

Post a Comment