Sunday, February 23, 2014

War of the Worlds from Pegasus

I know I started by singing the praises of Aurora, however, I have not yet taken any Aurora items down from the shelves to photograph and I wanted to post something besides just the intro.  That being said, the first item I am going to post is a photo of my War of the Worlds kit from Pegasus Hobbies.  This kit is still widely available at the time of this writing.

Easy to see the kit is based on the 1953 Paramount Pictures film if you look at the movie poster below.

The kit captures the feel of the movie for me and I greatly enjoyed building it and displaying it. 
I love the ships, the eye beam and the little figures burned to ash in the center.  Adding ground foam and terrain cover from Woodland Scenics  instead of painting the base really adds to the overall feel.  
I am thinking about a couple of changes at some point.  First would be the color of the tank being fired upon.  Since items in the movie glowed red before disintegrating, I am thinking about repainting the tank to indicate this effect.  I am also thinking of adding a few 1/144 scale riflemen to the scene.  I am not, however, thinking about adding lighting as that is just something I do not add to kits and have never had the desire to add.




No comments:

Post a Comment