Friday, February 28, 2014

Polar Lights Mystery Machine & Black Knight 1958

OK, this one is a simple, quick build.  It is a snap kit and I own it for exactly the same reason I own a Mach 5.  I loved the show as a kid and it makes me feel good to see it on the shelf.  This probably took me all of 15 minutes to build and a few more minutes to apply the stickers.  Even the figures of Shaggy and Scooby-Doo are pre-painted and I did not see anything that needed to be updated.  I just put it together and enjoyed having it.  It is currently available as of this writing.  




The next 1/8 scale Knight from Aurora.  The Black Knight was the third in the series and was issued in 1957.  Very enjoyable kit to build.  This was recently re-issued by Monogram for around $15 so if you like the looks of it, you might want to snag one or two.  Below is the 1957 box, the later issue box and the 1968 Lancelot of Camelot box.  Below the boxes is a photo of my built model kit.




Painted most of the exterior of the sentry box.  Didn't have a lot of time today.  I have the red and white stripes painted.  The sentry box is shown on the back of the box with red, black and white stripes.  I have seen photos of sentry boxes with just the red and with red and black to go with the white.  Most of the photos I have seen of just the red and white are inside Germany, the others are outside of Germany.  Since this diorama is in France in 1942, I added the black stripes.  


There is a bit of roughness to it, such as the areas where the paint did not get all the way in between the planks which I left because it makes it look more like individual boards.  It can't be seen as well as I would like, but there is some wood grain going on inside the box.  This will be weathered later once I decide on the amount of weathering needed.  




No comments:

Post a Comment