Friday, March 14, 2014

Aurora Phantom of the Opera 1964

This is one fantastic kit!  Everything from the damaged face of the Phantom to the prisoner confined beneath his feet, this kit is great fun to build and a wonderful addition to the shelf.  I love this kit.  This one has also been re-issued multiple times since Aurora closed it's doors, so it can be obtained for a relatively low outlay of cash.  If you like building figure kits, I do not think you will be disappointed if you buy this one.
Below is the original box, Frightening Lightning box, glow box and my built up.








Ramblings
I ran across a mint in a fairly nice box 1957 Cadillac Eldorado in 1/32 scale from Revell today.  This is the original issue from 1956-57 and it was on a table marked $2.  Even though I have no plans on building any cars in 1/32 scale, I grabbed it up just because.  Original owner never started the kit, but it certainly looks like they planned to build it.  Take a look at the glue tube!  I am planning a shadow box representative of building plastic model cars.  You can bet this glue tube will have a prominent place.  I have the shadow box built, I just need to decide what will be in it and arrange the pieces.


Diorama Diary
(Not Really)

Did not have a lot of time today, but managed to get in a wee bit o' modeling.  Takes me a while to do these, but I got the spark plug wires into the motor on the Hot Rod.  



No comments:

Post a Comment