Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Porthos, Aurora's second Musketeer 1959

Second of Aurora's Musketeers.  Porthos was issued in 1959 and I bought mine from the same estate sale as my Athos.  This model was also a glue bomb and any painting attempted was very poor.  The painting might have been better than I give it credit for, but I was unable to tell because it was painted some years ago with acrylic on raw plastic, and we all know how well that works out.  I was fortunate enough to be able to disassemble it, clean it up, paint it and re-assemble the kit.  
Below is an image of the box (as far as I know, these kits were never re-released after this initial release) with a photo of my built up below it.



Diorama Diary

Moving right along, I have the basics done on the mother and am going to continue on the little girl as soon as I finish touching up her mom.




No comments:

Post a Comment