Saturday, October 31, 2015

Dr Jekyll as Mr Hyde 1965 & Jay West

Love the kit, even though I felt obligated to add to the base.  The base was fine as Aurora made it, but the cupboard really adds to it I think.  Although I am not sure why drinking something which makes you practically choke yourself to get it down struck this guy as a good idea.  This story is probably where all those super-heroes who gave themselves powers got the idea.  

Original box:
My built up:



Johnny West Corner

Jay West

The blond son.  Jay was first issued in 1967.  The children are 7 1/2" tall btw.  I guess it makes sense to have kids in the mix, cause with shows like Rin Tin Tin, for example, kids were having adventures in the wild west all the time.  Plus, in the 60's, books like Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn were required reading.  


No comments:

Post a Comment