Saturday, October 31, 2015

Superboy 1965 & Zeb Zachary

The adventures of Superman when he was a boy.  Like I said in another post, all the kids were out having adventures.  This adventure even included a pet dog and a small space dragon.  This is a really fun kit to build.  Over the years I have seen all kinds of variations on the dragon's paint scheme.  

The original box:
Comic Scene box:

My built up:



Johnny West Corner


Zeb Zachary
Zeb was released as part of the Fort Apache Fighters line and was issued only from 1967 - 1969.  I always thought of Zeb as the bugler, probably because of the pursed lips.  I dress him in less gear than the officers, but I do use the bedroll on him.  Not on the others because I never knew an officer to carry his own pack so to speak.  I don't hang a sabre on him either.  This is the same body as Captain Maddox and Marx history has it the head was originally made for the Jesse James figure, which was not released.  
Zeb is hard to find today and if you do find one it is going to set you back a few coins.  He is third on the list of most expensive and hard to find United States figures.





No comments:

Post a Comment