Saturday, October 31, 2015

King Kong's Thronester 1965 & 2nd Jane West

OK, I actually like this one.  I think it is because no one was trying so hard to make it over the top "funny."  I feel like it is somewhere between the Weird-Ohs and Ed "Big Daddy" Roth's Rat Fink line, this one really works for me.  

The original box:


My built up:




Johnny West Corner:

Jane West (2nd version)

This Jane was first issued in 1967.  This is my favorite figure of all time.  I really don't know why, I just know I like her.  I think maybe it is because she looks like she could partner with Johnny and run a ranch.  This is the second Jane with the kinder, gentler face for the 90's.  The 1890's that is.  I do not personally believe in the Johnny West Jeep, and as long as I do not believe in it and do not own one, it does not have to exist for me :)
I prefer to think of my Johnny West collection being somewhere between the 1870's and 1890's.  
I have a Best of the West box for this one.  This is the box that came with the figure.  The mustard soft gear was replaced with cream for this figure.



No comments:

Post a Comment