Friday, October 30, 2015

Mummy's Chariot 1965 & 1st Jane West

The Mummy's Chariot was a difficult build for me.  Not sure why, but mine just did not want to go together for me.  I eventually got it together and I, of course, based the paint scheme on the box art.  I sometimes wonder if I went back and re-painted them with, for example,  black tires and some silver/chrome, etc would I like them better?  I have never arrived at an answer, but I do continue to contemplate the idea.

The original box:

My built up:

Johnny West Corner:

Jane West (1st issue)
Johnny's wife was the next figure in the line.  This is the first version, with the smirk and the mustard soft gear and was issued only in 1966.  Even though I am not a box collector, I have a Vargas box for this one.  The box is the actual box that came with the figure.  Yep, it is beat up a bit and stained, but it came with the figure and I didn't pay a lot of extra money for it.  My kids are gonna be so upset someday when they try to sell this stuff on ebay.







No comments:

Post a Comment