Saturday, October 31, 2015

Jesse James 1966 & Bill Buck

Jesse James is still on my want list.  The figure is actually a slightly re-tooled US Marshal with a completely new base.  I really like this kit and would love it if someone re-popped it.  Barring that, I will keep looking and maybe I will run up on one for a price I am willing to pay.  The base really sells this kit in my opinion.  The figure is nice but the base is great.  I will include a picture of the Marshal below.

Original box:
 Marshal built up (NOT MINE)

A window ad from Aurora from 1966


Johnny West Corner


Bill Buck

Frontier Scout Bill Buck was only available for about a year from 1967 to sometime in 1968.  Bill is the last of the Fort Apache Fighters cavalry figures.  He is one of the two hardest to find figures.  Bill and Jed Gibson seem to alternate being the highest priced of the collection.  Bill is a Daniel Boone head on a caramel body which was originally designed for Jesse James.  Bill has a partial set of Daniel accessories and some of the cavalry accessories, although the cavalry accessories are dark brown instead of black.


No comments:

Post a Comment