Saturday, October 31, 2015

Munster's Living Room 1965 & Captain Tom Maddox

The Munster's Living Room is one of the really fun kits.  Although the furniture selected is not completely authentic to the series (the coffin in the series was a telephone booth) it is still a really fun build.  I have seen  modelers get all kinds of creative on the walls and other details.  When I finished this one, I asked my wife what she thought of it.  She said "Oh, that is entirely too cool for you to own.  That one is mine.  Put it right there on that shelf and run along."  I wonder if I will ever get it back?

Original box:

My built up:



Johnny West Corner

Captain Tom Maddox was first issued in 1967 and was also a part of the Fort Apache Fighter Series.  The back story on this one is that the head was designed to be James West from the Wild Wild West TV series.  The negotiations broke down at some point, and James West was never released.  Somewhere I have Thunderbolt Gear Manual that says he is for Johnny West, Chief Cherokee, Jesse James and James West.  I have no idea how long the horse was released with that manual identifying two figures which were not released.





No comments:

Post a Comment