Saturday, October 31, 2015

The Witch 1965 & General Custer

I would argue this is by far the most outstanding of all the bases designed for the Aurora monster models.  Everything from the wall, cages, cauldron...it is all well detailed and tremendous fun to paint and build.  The Witch herself is a work of art and everything else supports her.  This is the first of their monster kits not related to a monster movie.

Original box:

The ladies were actually advertised together on comics:


My built up:




Johnny West Corner

General Custer

General Custer was released in 1967 along with the other three Fort Apache Fighters.  Perhaps I should mention Marx had found great success with their playsets based on popular themes of the time.  One of their most successful, which was released in various combinations from the 1950's to the 1970's was Fort Apace.  When it came time for 11 1/2" of western cavalrymen, Fort Apache Fighters was an obvious name for the group.  
Along with Jane, Johnny and Geronimo I have found him to be one of the four most commonly available figures.   I am sure everyone has their own story, but I have found the cavalry rifle strap to be the most difficult accessory piece to find for the three regular cavalry figures.   I happen to have a box with this figure simply through luck again.  



No comments:

Post a Comment